For anyone who knows my Father, you know he has the gift of the gab, which is defined as the ability to speak easily and confidently in a way that makes people want to listen to you and believe you. He is quite the entertainer! This blog is being started to record his memories of family and friends through the MANY, MANY photos he has taken throughout the years. Beginning with black and white slides, to coloured slides, to printed photos, and finally to the digital age. I'd like to be able to keep this in chronological order, but with as many photos as there are, and as they are in such a hodgepodge state, it makes it rather difficult. This will be written as though he's writing it, because he really will be! I'm just moving it over here so it will actually get posted and not "lost" out there. So here we go!

Tuesday 14 June 2022

The War, 1942

I believe these photographs were taken in 1942. The house in Carshalton, Surrey, my parents rented from a Jewish family who had fled to South Africa when the invasion of Britain seemed imminent. Look closely at the garage door where my parents tandem is visible. I think it is my father standing in the doorway. 



My mother had taken me to Wales to visit Grannie Garth only to find upon our return the front of the house had been damaged from a bomb blast, after which we escaped to the relatively safety of dear old Upper Boat.

No comments: