For anyone who knows my Father, you know he has the gift of the gab, which is defined as the ability to speak easily and confidently in a way that makes people want to listen to you and believe you. He is quite the entertainer! This blog is being started to record his memories of family and friends through the MANY, MANY photos he has taken throughout the years. Beginning with black and white slides, to coloured slides, to printed photos, and finally to the digital age. I'd like to be able to keep this in chronological order, but with as many photos as there are, and as they are in such a hodgepodge state, it makes it rather difficult. This will be written as though he's writing it, because he really will be! I'm just moving it over here so it will actually get posted and not "lost" out there. So here we go!

Wednesday 6 April 2022

Those Precious Hands ๐Ÿ™

I originally wrote this for my Momma nine years ago in February 2013.
I have since added to it.


These hands held me as a baby.
These hands carried me when I was tired.
These hands comforted me when I cried.
These hands tucked me in bed.
These hands fed me when I wouldn't eat.
These hands held my hand when I walked.
These hands picked me up when I fell.
These hands helped me get dressed.
These hands scratched my back whenever I asked.
These hands spanked me when I needed it.
These hands helped me to swim.
These hands made my dolls clothes.
These hands knitted our treasured afghans.
These hands held all three of my babies.
These hands still make the German pancakes I love.
These hands still try to pinch my bottom.
These hands still hug me tight.
These hands, I love these hands.
I love you, Mom.


These hands are now in the hands of Jesus, who she loved so very much and was so looking forward to being with.
These hands are free of pain and deformity that she had to endure for so long.
These hands are now holding the hands of loved ones who have gone before her.
I believe these hands are now covering us with her love and prayers, waiting to hold us once again when it's our turn to join her.
I love you, I miss you, and will treasure my memories of you, my most precious Momma.
I wish I could hug you one more time.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovey just lovely xxxx